Sunday, April 28, 2013

Adam Valentino


Name: Adam Valentino
Website:
 www.AdamValentino.com
facebook.com/AdamValentinoArt

What do you do?
I create paintings with acrylics and spray paint. I draw with charcoal and pastels and also cut custom stencils.

Where can we find your work?My work can be found on my website, FB art page, and on Etsy.  I paint live at times so follow me to find out where I'll be in 2013!

What inspires you to create and how do you keep motivated when things get tough?I get inspired from everyday life and other artists.  I use my art as therapy so when I'm having a bad day it helps me get through it.  I also tell myself my art is all I have so I keep pushing myself to be a
well known artist.

What do you think is more important content/finished product or technique/process?
I feel they go hand in hand but I'd say technique/process, your finished product wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for the technique/process used.

Who are some people who influence and/or inspire you?
My kids, my family, my supporters and fans, too many to mention but I LOVE YOU ALL!

If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
Waldo from Where's Waldo books... He's everywhere!

When do you get your best ideas?
My best ideas come in the early mornings and when I shower.

What materials/tools do you use most to create your work?
I use a basic razor to cut my stencils.  I also paint on MDF wood a lot.  I paint with acrylics and spray paint.  I enjoy drawing with charcoal pencils and incorporate some soft pastels in some work.

Are you self taught or formally educated? How do you think that has influenced or affected your work?
I'm self taught and learning everyday.  I'm more of a visual learner. I feel the formally educated once had an artistic advantage over other artists but with the rise in popularity of street art and graffiti influenced art, it's easier for one to be a known artist without a formal education. The internet helps a lot too.  The street art and graffiti art scene have always been an influence in my life and can be seen in my work.

What would your creative work taste like?
Something fresh you've never had

When you are not creating what do you like to do?
Spend time with my kids.

How did you learn to access your creative talents and gain the confidence to put it out there for everyone to experience?
I got into charcoal drawing in H.S. and around that time I was painting graffiti. I sold my first drawing around that time but didn't continue to sell work, I enjoyed painting more. For a while I wasn't
painting anything then I watched a street art documentary that opened my eyes.  I noticed people would buy this art I was already into and able to do.  I always had people tell me my work was good but I never thought of it as a business until last year.  The response has been great and I appreciate the support!

What advice would you give others just beginning their creative adventures?Never stop learning and never stop creating,  Make the most of your time here!


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. I love the humor in this self-interview. Keep up the good work, Adam Valentino!
    Ed of CustomCutStencilCo.com

    ReplyDelete