Sunday, July 21, 2013

Leonid (Leon) Basin

Name: Leonid (Leon) Basin
Website: http://www.leonbasin.blogspot.com

What do you do?
I Write and Speak

Where can we find your work?
Mostly on my Blog: http://www.leonbasin.blogspot.com

You can follow my writing's on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/basin_leon

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/leonidbasin

What inspires you to create and how do you keep motivated when things get tough?
I find creating is part of my therapy. I also enjoy hearing all types of criticism, good, bad, or even terrible.

What do you think is more important content/finished product or technique/process?  
I think they are all important. When I was younger, I believed in content, but I'm noticing a change in me. I can now see the importance in having a technique or a style and the a finished product that you can be satisfied with.

Who are some people who influence and/or inspire you?
Everything inspires me; but my girlfriend, parents, grandparents are some of my other inspirations.

If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
Myself.

When do you get your best ideas?
Mostly at night, but I also get ideas in the shower and any other water.

What materials/tools do you use most to create your work?
My Samsung Galaxy Phone and Lenovo Laptop with Word.

Are you self taught or formally educated? How do you think that has influenced or affected your work?
I'm self taught. It has influenced me to focus on style. I have ignored mechanism and techniques of writing for too long, so my goal for the next few years is to focus on the mechanics of writing.

What would your creative work taste like?
Sweet and soft.

When you are not creating what do you like to do?
Meditation, music or be around my girlfriend and my parents.

How did you learn to access your creative talents and gain the confidence to put it out there for everyone to experience?
It all came from inspiration within.

What advice would you give others just beginning their creative adventures? 

Start from the beginning, which is to be yourself, your true selves. I also suggest having either a Blog or a Journal to jot your ideas down.



No comments:

Post a Comment