Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jonathan Demers


Name: Jonathan Demers
Website: See Below
 
What do you do?
Abstract, Fine art, Drawn animation, Photography
 
Where can we find your work?
http://www.facebook.com/jasvgbdfkl
http://jscribbled.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathandaviddemers
 
What inspires you to create and how do you keep motivated when things get tough?
My Grandfather inspires me as an abstract artist, I’m sort of pushing what he already does. Growing up watching the Simpsons, and then Futurama, and Family Guy and King of the Hill is what inspires me to be a drawn animator.  And Women inspire my fine art, supernaturally!

What do you think is more important content/finished product or technique/process?
Well of course my finished work is important to me, but what is more important to me is the hours I’ve spent practicing. I would rather give up all the work I’ve done and still have the practice hours then keep my work and not have had the practice.

Who are some people who influence and/or inspire you?
Pollock, Al Held, Salvador Dali, Matt Groening, Amanda Mikaelsson just not Warhol!!!
 
If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
Darth Maul

When do you get your best ideas?
They all come differently, and can’t be forced. When I’m doing hard manual labor for little pay!

What materials/tools do you use most to create your work?
Ball point pen, Wacom Cintiq, Oil
 
Are you self taught or formally educated? How do you think that has influenced or affected your work?
Self taught and now educated, I was not as smart as a person until I let myself be a total idiot with myself in isolation in white paper notebooks. Lots of isolation in white paper notebooks.
 
What would your creative work taste like?
Wine
 
When you are not creating what do you like to do?
Go out to bars, down town San Jose. Johnny V’s

How did you learn to access your creative talents and gain the confidence to put it out there for everyone to experience?
Meditation
 
What advice would you give others just beginning their creative adventures?
Buy a canvas, some paint, some brushes and work on one painting for at least six months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment