Sunday, October 7, 2012

Leeonna Colter


Name: Leeonna Colter
Website: leeonnista.weebly.com

What do you do?
I am a Multi-media artist, who mainly works with acrylic paint.

Where can we find your work?
You can find my work on my website; Leeonnista.weebly.com or on facebook profile name acryliclove.

What inspires you to create and how do you keep motivated when things get tough?
I think what inspires me is what inspires everyone; I want to have an affect on the environment that affects me. It’s the human urge to express one self and have that expression acknowledged. 

What do you think is more important content/finished product or technique/process?  
I don’t think you can judge an artist by their process or technique. The finished product is the most important element in most areas of art; each piece must be able to stand on its own. The artist will not be able to explain to every viewer their intent or intended content.

Who are some people who influence and/or inspire you?
I am more inspired by ideas than I am individual people.

If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
If I could be any fictional character, I think I would be the character Lireal from the Abhorsen series.

When do you get your best ideas?
Most of my best ideas are just highly developed concepts of ideas that weren’t so great. I think with work any idea can potentially be your best idea.

What materials/tools do you use most to create your work?
I mostly work with acrylic paint and molding gel on Canvas.

Are you self taught or formally educated? How do you think that has influenced or affected your work?
I began painting on my own and later in life I became formally educated. I think formal education doesn’t make an artist better or worse. What it does do is push those who are serious about art and exposes them to concepts and ideas they may have not been exposed to otherwise. You also get the rare opportunity to do projects with other artist and form bonds and connections.

What would your creative work taste like?
If my creative work had a flavor it would be deep fried banana with chocolate Ice cream on the side, sweet and filling.

When you are not creating what do you like to do?
When I’m not painting I like having adventures.

How did you learn to access your creative talents and gain the confidence to put it out there for everyone to experience?
When I am creating, it’s a process, almost like an evolution. While working on a piece, how I feel about that piece changes gradually as I get closer and closer to finishing. But like anything when you put your all into your work you feel confident in your abilities.

What advice would you give others just beginning their creative adventures? 
Be brave and just start creating, go to art events and talk to people.




No comments:

Post a Comment